noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is the Florida GOP insane?

While I am a registered Democrat, I have always admitted my politics are more in line with the Republicans. Honestly I'm an independent and have major disagreements with both sides but Independents most of the time can't vote in primaries..

Next Tuesday is primary day here in Florida. The Governorship and the Senate seat formerly held by Mel Martinez are up for grabs. Marco Rubio is a cinch to be the Republican candidate for the latter and Alex Sink the Democratic candidate for the former.

The race I don't understand is for the GOP nomination for Governor. In a state that has both legislative houses thoroughly controlled by the Repuublicans, how could they just offer voters a choice between Howdy Doody and a crook?

Rick Scott is a crook. While he was CEO of Columbia/HCA, the company defrauded US taxpayers of billions of dollars. Thats billions with a B. Scott blames others but he was the person in charge of the company.

Which means

He's either a crook because he knew of the fraud and did nothing

or

He's a total incompetent as a manager. There were crooks working for him and he didn't know about it.

Honestly I believe the first of my two scenarios. Scott is facing other allegations, ones he's being about by the press but refuses to answer saying it is a private matter.

In either case you wouldn't want this person being CEO of the state of Florida. I don't understand why McCollum isn't hammering Scott on his past.

Then McCollum isn't much of a prize either. His 4 years as Attorney General have produced little and his recent concern for consumers, immigration matters etc all smell of election year politics. The fraud being perpetuated on Florida courts and homeowners by Mortgage companies and their attorneys has been going on for years. Law firm employees are signing Assignments stating they are Vice Presidents of the Mortgage Lender or MERS. And this is suddenly news?

The choice of McCollum or Scott should be an easy one. McCollum so far as I know, isn't a crook who stole billions. When November comes around, Florida voters who vote for Alex Sink to be the next Governor. Then I've always said you have to be a masochist to live here. I wouldn't be surprised if Howdy Doody or the crook are our next Governor.

 
Listed on BlogShares