noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hewlett Packard- Not so great

My desktop computer two weeks ago was infected with a nasty malware. I had a computer technician pick it up for me. When Jim called me back he said my computer hard drive was failing. I also have the mother board fail twice, probably due to power surges. Short of cash and unemployed, I was now in need of a new PC.

I got one. A Compaq and I like it so far. The trouble is- It has Windows 7 operating system. My perfectly fine Hewlett Packard Printer is now obsolete. HP doesn't make the software or drivers for W7 or Vista for this series printer. My dearly departed desktop has Microsoft XP as its operating system.

Tonight I called up HP to complain. The representative couldn't even find my machine at first.(HP still has it up on their website). My personal information was on record and when he finally found my machine, told me it was built in 1998. That sounds about right, but I think I bought it 99, after another HP croaked after 2 or 3 years of use.

After he took my information and then told me my old HP even if they made the software couldn't work on Vista or Windows 7. I don't know if that's true, but why then did it work on XP? XP is better than Vista or 7 is probably the answer.

To resolve my situation, the representative tried to interest me in a new all in one machine. The first of which, after rebate was $119. I don't have that money now. Then he offered another machine, that after rebate, would have come to $79. That wasn't an answer I wanted to hear either. I priced printers the last few days, the cheapest HP I found was for $89. If I could have gotten a deal for $69 I might have bought another.

Instead I am kissing HP goodbye, growling about being left stranded by them and going to bad mouth the company from now, and have purchased another company's printer for less than $69 from Sam's Club today. It was(and is) still in the box when I talked to HP. Sometime in the next day or two I will set up my new printer. Too bad I can't stick my old printer up someone's ass at HP.

Remember what happened to me the next time you're looking for printers. HP may leave you high and dry too.

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares