noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A memo to RB

You're out there somewhere. Twice you made posts to the Listening Post at the PB Post website thinking I'm Rick Caird. I'm certainly not.

My blogger profile confuses you. Team members are not the same person as the blog owner. Somehow you got profile a of Rick saying he lived in Boynton Beach as being me. I live in Lantana, if you want proof here are two posts(here and here) of many where I mention it.

My name is Bill, if someone wanted to find out my last name it wouldn't be all that difficult. There's a blog on my blogroll that has my last name mentioned many times on it. Guess which blog it is? A clever liberal shouldn't have any such problem.

Now I'll address your personal attacks on me for this blog.

Anyone that has LGF and Malkin on their blogroll loses all credibility right out of the block, Rick.

I also have Florida Politics, Indefensible, Andrew Sullivan and The Huffington Post mentioned on it. All left blogs or left leaning. You fail to see that. I also subscribe to The New Republic magazine, the premier liberal opinion magazine in this country. I've done that for most of the last 26 years.

TFM is also a registered democrat.

I've criticized Gov. Bush when I felt it was right. Better yet he has won a Knucklehead award.

Same goes for President Bush. He won a Knucklehead award in this post. Doesn't matter t he party, I give out Knuckleheads to all deserving recipients. If you check this post, you'll note I've given more knucklehead awards to GOP Governors than Democratic ones.

I've given Knuckleheads regardless of party. If a politician is deserving, they win one.

If you bothered to notice I also don't take views not in line with other republicans. I'm opposed to eliminating birthright citizenship(Something Ms. Malkin has favored), support food stamps and favor the minimum wage and it being increased.

I've defended Cindy Sheehan's right to protest the war and have never disparaged her for her views. Click here to read just that(To be fair I gave her a Knucklehead, but for her forgetting she isn't the only news in the world).

As much as I have criticized the PB Post, I've also blogged about some good things at the paper.

You also wrote- You're so far right that if George W. Bush was caught throwing babies into a wood chipper on the front lawn of the White House, you would herald it as an innovative form of birth control.

That's an absolutely disgusting statement to say to a parent who lost their child. I won't not going to fall to your level and say what I think of it. Instead I'll repeat what my wife says when someone says such disgusting things to her- God Bless You.

You also wrote-

Okay, Rick. Whatever you say. I must having been thinking of the other Rick Caird from Boynton Beach who calls himself "The Florida Masochist" and maintains a conservative blog by that same name.

I'm sure that there are just tons of conservative Rick Cairds living in Palm Beach who love to criticize any critical review of the president's policies. In a strange coincidence, this other Rick Caird who has no connection to you Rick, criticized another Palm Beach Post op-ed on his blog yesterday. You really ought get a hold of this guy, Rick. Besides the exact same name, you two seem to share a lot in common.

For someone who seemingly visits this blog, you've made alot of assumptions and wrong ones. If you read all the links I posted above, you'd know my political views are not easily pigeonholed. My mind is very open on many issues. I'm moderate to conservative but no ideologue. There is one last thing to say.

If you find my views so vile, why do you spend time here?

Open Post- Basil's Blog, Stop the ACLU, Right Wing Nation, Stuck on Stupid, Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Bullwinkle Blog, NIF, Adam's Blog, Third World County, TMH's Bacon Bits, Uncooperative Blogger, Wizbang, Choose Life, Point Five,

 
Listed on BlogShares