noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Co-Knucklehead of the Day award Part One

There are Knuckleheads raining down from the sky again, so TFM will be generous giving out awards today. Maybe up to six of them. After all its the gift giving time of the year.

Some of you may be shocked by this one. Our first winner today is Cindy Sheehan. All of you know may recall how I feel about her. I don't feel I'm being inconsistent by giving Ms. Sheehan today's award.

Cindy gets an award for her recent comments to Newsweek magazine. Hat tip- Michelle Malkin.

What do you think you achieved in Crawford?

We brought the war into the forefront of American consciousness and started the discussion that should have started before the war. The mood in our country is turning around.

But the peace movement in the U.S. remains small. Why?

One thing that has prevented the peace movement in America is the media. I spoke with 5,000 people in North Carolina on March 19, 2005, and the press called the protest "insignificant." They covered the Terri Schiavo case instead.

You feel like you were mistreated by the press?

They got hold of everything I've ever said and scrutinized it so carefully. They never scrutinized what Bush said. No one said, "Why did you lie to the American people and say there was WMD?" The press found an easy target in Iraq, and they found an easy target in me.

She feels mistreated by the press? I think Cindy was given way too much time by the MSM. There are many other grieving Moms out there, and Ms. Sheehan and the media seem to be forgetting them all. And this is a particularly trying time of the year for any parent who lost a child. I know, if I could have anything for the holidays I just wish I could have my son Daniel for even one day.

For biting the hand that fed her and forgetting other parents at the holiday time of the year, Cindy Sheehan is today's first Co-Knucklehead of the Day.

PS- Please pray for all the parents and loved ones of our dead servicemen. Cindy Sheehan included.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Basil's Blog, Right Wing Nation, Is it Just me?, TMH's Bacon Bits, Cao's Blog, Third World County,

 
Listed on BlogShares