noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Some blogging notes

The Florida Masochist is slowly coming to life for all two of you readers out there(Assuming I have even that amount). I am not computer savvy at all and it took a trial and error sort of process to learn how to change things here. If you visited 24 hours ago you have seen the changes.

Out is that horrible blue background. Who the heck would use it in the first place I don't know but good riddance. It was so hard to read off of.

I also found out how to do links. The links I listed either represent Florida newspapers, appropriate for a Florida based blog. Be warned my local paper the Palm Beach Post is very liberal, and I find myself more often than not in opposition to their editorial page. My own politics are center to right of center. I do enjoy however reading opposing opinions, that's a sign of open mindedness. Two opinions magazines I subscribe to are in the links, National Review and The New Republic. I've been long-time subscribers to both and these magazines are diametrically opposed political wise.

The blogs also listed are my favorites. Who else would put up both Michelle Malkin and Andrew Sullivan? I agree more often with the former than the latter, though Michelle gets a too ideological at times when pragmatism would seem wiser.

Other links I included are magazines or newspapers I read or check on the internet. The New York Times, Washington Times, Golf World. Actually I scan newspapers nationwide every day(Thats how I first learned the Ligaya Lagman/Gold Star Mothers. I found it thanks to the Colorado Springs Gazette) story looking for stories of interest. From The Honolulu Advertiser to The Boston Globe. I didn't list all of these, mostly because I didn't want a long links section for publications I read sparingly.

Lastly there are links based on my interests, Golf, Chess and Malignant Melanoma. I am a survivor of the last.

Anyway thanks for reading my blog and if you like it leave a message. If you blog yourself, make sure to leave your address. I may put you in my links section.

 
Listed on BlogShares