noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Get out the smelling salts

Three Democratic Senators have decided to vote for Samuel Alito's nomination. Tim Johnson, Ben Nelson and Robert Byrd!

Byrd's announcement came just days after West Virginia businessman John Raese announced plans to challenge the veteran senator in the November election. Byrd and Nelson both face re- election. So does another Democrat from a state Bush won, North Dakota Senator Kent Conrad, who has not yet announced how he will vote.

``I refuse simply to toe the party line when it comes to Supreme Court justices,'' Byrd said in a floor speech. ``I hail from a conservative state. And, like a majority of my constituents, I prefer conservative judges.''

Have you woken up yet? I'd like to see Byrd try to rationalize opposition to Janice Rogers Brown if Bush made her the next nomination to the court.

Hat tip- Michelle Malkin
Open Post- Bloggin Outloud, Right Wing Nation, Basil's Blog, Bright&Early,

 
Listed on BlogShares