noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

An anniversary

Twelve years ago today my Dear Wife became a US Citizen. Funny its same day as my son's birthday.

My wife was born in the Philippines, we married in 1989 and that same year she immigrated to the US. In late 1992 we began the INS so my wife could become a US citizen. Spouses of citizens are eligible to apply after three years, the usual wait is five.

I remember the day in 1994. It wasn't long after my first malignant melanoma operation. I was still recovering from that and DW made me drive the car to Miami for her swearing in. She was afraid back then to drive to Miami. I remember the ceremony and how proud I felt that my wife was now a citizen.

Happy anniversary sweetheart.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Third World County,

 
Listed on BlogShares