noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today's golf

Both tournaments should be good and interesting finishes today.

At the PGA Tour's Western Open near Chicago Illinois, Jim Furyk and Ben Curtis are tied for the lead going into the final round. Jim is trying to win his first event since undergoing wrist surgery in late 03. Curtis is trying to prove his 2003 British Open win was not a fluke by getting his second tour triumph. Curiously enough Shaun Micheel the 2003 PGA champ who has a similiar image problem to Curtis is in fourth place entering today's final round.

The LPGA tour's Match Play Championship is a final between two players who have yet to win on the tour. Columbia's Marissa Baena vs. South Korea's Meena Lee. Both have played fair to good this year and the $500,000 winner's check would do wonders for each of them. Meena contended at the Sybase tournament only a month ago. While both players aren't well known I feel this could be a very good match.

I'll be flip flopping between the two telecasts this afternoon. In the meantime I'm reading Margaret MacMillan's Paris 1919. Not much to blog about, I can't even find a good knucklehead. Maybe later on I will be lucky.

 
Listed on BlogShares