noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

War of the Worlds= Save your money

Dear wife and I just got back from viewing War of the Worlds. I'm a Sci-Fi fan, Star Trek, Japanese monster movies, classic old sci-fi movies. On the other hand I'm picky about what I go to see. DW wanted to see the Cruise-Spielberg spectacular and while I wasn't enthusiastic about it, I went along.

If you like a movie with massive plot holes

1- Aliens attack with something like a Electro magnetic pulse. All electronics stop working, but there's someone videoing the alien attack. Then there is Cruise's car getting fixed in record time. I like auto mechanics that work fast, sign me up!

2- An airplane crash without signs of blood or bodies.

3- The aliens being transported down by thunderbolts to their buried spacecraft. Why did these aliens wait so long to do this? How did they know where to bury their craft?

We could go on. Then like most apocalyptic movies today, The Big One, The Day after Tomorrow, to name a few we have the whining and screeching children. Everyone who goes to this movie should be furnished with ear plugs.

At least there was no disbelieving scientist/politician or scenes of famous landmarks being blown up. So the movie is only a six on the apocalypse movie cliche meter.

The less said about the acting the better.

I'm not a professional critic, but save your money. Spielberg and Cruise are cashing in on their reputations.

 
Listed on BlogShares