noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Lawrence O'Donnell getting carried away

Lawrence O'Donnell is saying just that Karl Rove was the person who outed that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA. The MSNBC Political analyst did so last night on PBS' McLaughlin group and today at The Huffington Post. Here's what he wrote.

I revealed in yesterday's taping of the McLaughlin Group that Time magazine's emails will reveal that Karl Rove was Matt Cooper's source. I have known this for months but didn't want to say it at a time that would risk me getting dragged into the grand jury.

McLaughlin is seen in some markets on Friday night, so some websites have picked it up, including Drudge, but I don't expect it to have much impact because McLaughlin is not considered a news show and it will be pre-empted in the big markets on Sunday because of tennis.

Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source. Too many people know this. It should break wide open this week. I know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it tomorrow.


Outside the Beltway and Captain Ed have talked about O'Donnell's apparent partisanship. I have watched the McLaughlin group on an irregular basis for 20 years, I don't doubt what's being said by these other bloggers. What I think may be happening here is O'Donnell was expressing his secret fantasy rather than mistating fact.(He could be right also). Some on the left has been speculating Rove was the source as soon as the Plame brouhaha broke.

There is one tidbit in O'Donnell's writing that may be the basis for my take that this is all a O'Donnell fantasy. He wrote- "McLaughlin is not considered a news show and it will be pre-empted in the big markets on Sunday because of tennis."

The thing is, The Wimbledon tennis is on NBC and McLaughlin Group is on PBS. The later won't be pre-empted for the former.

I think O'Donnell has deluded himself into thinking this Democratic fantasy is really reality. That's just my two bits. We'll soon know who is right.

 
Listed on BlogShares