noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Miami Dolphin GM Rick Spielman steps down

I think this move is very overdue. The Dolphins have been suffering from poor personnel moves and bad NFL drafts for some time. The Ricky Williams debacle and last year's 4-12 record were only the tip of the iceberg. The team needs help at almost every position. With Saban taking over as head coach I feel a fresh start was needed in the team's management also.

By Greg A. Bedard

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, June 03, 2005

Rick Spielman resigned as general manager on Friday in a three-paragraph press release issued by the Miami Dolphins.

"I want to thank (owner) Wayne Huizenga, (Head Coach) Nick Saban, the Dolphin players, coaches, and staff, along with the South Florida community," Spielman said in the statement. "I have a lot of fond memories of my time here and made a lot of friends, and I hope the team goes on to have a great season."

Saban, who was given total control of the organization, had already stripped Spielman of his title. Saban referred to Spielman as a "personnel director" on a few occasions.

 
Listed on BlogShares