noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is it five weeks already?

Actually yesterday marked five weeks since my heart valve replacement surgery. Tomorrow will be my 3rd week anniversary since coming home.

I'm doing pretty darn well. The first week at home was slow and sometimes difficult. Last week I began showing lots of signs of getting better. The feeling is returning to my hand, I've only taken two pain meds in the last seven days,my outdoor walks twice a day are a little over a half mile now. I can still get tired easily, yesterday I had visits from both occupational and physical therapists plus an appointment with the cardiologist. By evening I was exhausted and in bed before 9:30

Today or tomorrow I'll post my surgical experience. It is lengthy and will be in two parts. Maybe it can be of use to other people facing the surgery I underwent.

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares