noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Leaky

Last wednesday I was admitted to the hospital for shortness of breath. I had a heart catherization this morning. Good news- My heart is fine, so far as blockages go.(My father twice had bypass surgery, the doctors wanted to rule out my needing the same) Bad news- I need a valve replacement. The surgeon here at JFK(I'm on AOL dialup from my hosp. room. No Wifi, rats.) prefers if I have the operation by someone who specializes in it. There are three possibilities here in Florida, and this surgeon will talk to the possible candidates, seeing who would be best. As soon as this is done, and the new hospital is ready for me, I'll transfer. So surgery is a matter of days away, but no more than a week.

How am I feeling? Ok physically, but mentally not as well. If I don't have the surgery, my aorta will rupture eventually. That would probably kill me, certainly disable me. On the other hand my cancer could get there first. If I got 6 months, I'd really prefer to spend as little time in a hospital. Could look at the bright side, I won't be home most of this month to get phone calls from Fl politicians in the days leading up to our primary.

Leonita would prefer if I 'rest' rather than spend too much time online. It's addictive even if you're not feeling well. You need a fix. I tell Leonita I'm watching Mission Impossible and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Videos. Which I do, well while not online. ;)

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares