noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

He had a dream

I suggest none of TFM's readers have anything in thier mouth as they read this news.

Bill Clinton made a plea yesterday for a new emphasis on monogamy as a key element in the battle against Aids. The former US president, not noted for his ability to keep his own marriage vows, said it was very important to change people’s attitudes to sex.

In an interview with the BBC recorded in Africa, Mr Clinton said that increasing support for monogamy was not just a problem for the continent worst hit by Aids but for the world. “To pretend we can ever get hold of this without dealing with that – the idea of unprotected sexual relations with unlimited numbers of partners – I think would be naïve,” he said.
Truly a remarkable statement from a person with his history. Then its good advice, and as James Joyner at OTB points out "Perhaps this is a classic case of the old Vulcan proverb, Only Nixon can go to China?" Maybe there's one person out there that will listen.

On first reading this news, I told my wife I felt I was dreaming and hadn't been discharged from the hospital today. Then a crazy one-year-old cat scampered through my den, and up the side of the couch I'm laying on. I'm certainly home. My heart surgery is scheduled for a week from today. I can only imagine the news I'll hear when the anaesthesia wears off.

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares