A South Florida Replay
For the second time in 24 hours, a fire began at a pot house-
DELRAY BEACH — Firefighters found more than $200,000 in marijuana plants while fighting a fire in a townhouse on Florida Boulevard this morning.
More than 200 pot plants, some full-grown, were found in the townhouse's second-floor bedrooms, officials said.
The man who rented the townhouse faces drug-related charges, said Jeff Messer, police spokesman.
When firefighters got to the townhouse at 2300 Florida Blvd. at about 5:45 a.m., they found heavy smoke and flames coming through the roof.
The cause of the blaze has been ruled an accident, possibly due to an overloaded electrical circuit, said Battalion Chief Russ Accardi.
The damage is estimated at more than $50,000.
A 5-month-old in an adjacent townhouse was taken to Bethesda Memorial Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
The man who lived in the townhouse was treated for smoke inhalation at Delray Medical Center.
Police have not yet identified the man. The investigation continues.
Here is the other story I'm referring to. I hear pot house busts on the television news at least two times a week. What causes these fires? Heat lamps? Too many plugs so they are put into outlet strips that then overload?
The Martin County Courthouse saw different people try three times in less than three months to bring drugs inside. Do people in this area ever learn? No wonder I seldom have problems finding knucklehead winners.
Open Post- Adam's Blog, Bright & Early,