noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Unthinkable in Miami Beach

As like Memorial Day weekends, this one was slow for news. This story which got a lot of attention was upsetting for me-

Dr. Qinuo Van Dyk still does not know why her husband threw their two sons from a hotel balcony and took his own life.

Dr. Edward Van Dyk left no suicide note and hadn't told his wife anything that made her believe he might kill Spencer, 4, and Carl, 8, the bright, bubbly youngsters at the center of her life, on a vacation that was supposed to celebrate the couple's 10th anniversary, police said. The grieving mother was asking them Sunday, "How could he do something like this? What was he thinking?" when he picked up his sleeping sons and threw them off the 15th floor of a luxury South Beach hotel Saturday morning before leaping to his death.

"Today there is no sympathy for him," said Miami Beach police spokesman Officer Bobby Hernandez, describing Van Dyk's state of mind. "She's feeling anger. She's very upset with him."

Investigators searched their home in Alton, Ill., Saturday and did not find a suicide note but took away computers and began seeking clues Sunday. Police think Edward Van Dyk acted normal that morning, telling his wife he would take a shower after she used the restroom; but when she came out, she saw her husband jump and then ran to the balcony to see her sons, still in their pajamas, lying on the roof of a third-floor mezzanine of Loews Hotel, Hernandez said.

"We hoped that maybe a suicide note would have been found," he said. "We're even more confused today than we were yesterday."
Qinuo Van Dyk, who is originally from China, has no family in the United States, so Miami Beach police requested an expedited visa for her father to travel here from China.
As many of you may know, my wife is a Filipina. We're also the parents to two children who are angels in heaven. You can read Daniel's story here. Right now I think of Spencer Van Dyk, and wonder if he and my son Daniel would have looked alike. Maybe they know one another now. I can't read this story without tears forming in my eyes. Not just for the two boys who died, but for the mother Qinuo who will carry this horror with her to the day she dies.

How can any father do this? What a selfish act! I don't care what kind of woman the mother may or not be. To take the lives of your two own sons is an act that is so incomprehensible. I'd do anything for the children my wife and I lost. I'd give my life for Daniel to be alive. His death in 2003 still hurts me today and I'll never get over it and Qinuo will never do the same in regards to her sons.

I could have given Edward Van Dyk the knucklehead today. Over at Bullwinkle I did, but that doesn't do him justice. His sons were innocent lifes ended too soon and for no other reason except incredible selfishness. I hope this man rots in hell but please pray for Qinuo. Even as a parent who himself has lost a child, I can't fathom what she is going through right now. God bless her.

Open Post- Mark My Words, Right Wing Nation,

 
Listed on BlogShares