noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bye Bye Katherine Harris?

Here is an excerpt from an Orlando Sentinel article-

In her statement, Harris acknowledged all the speculation, notifying Republican activists at a meeting in Memphis that she was canceling her scheduled appearance there Saturday night "as I prayerfully prepare with my family, friends and advisors to finalize the strategy for a major announcement next week concerning my candidacy for the U.S. Senate."

Harris continued: "I will continue to look to our founding fathers, who pursued their vision with integrity and perseverance, to discern the best course of action for the state of Florida and our nation."


Sounds like she is withdrawing to me. It don't surprise me either, its been obvious for some time that the Harris campaign was going nowhere.

So what will Florida Republicans do now? You would think with the GOP controlling the State House, most statewide offices, both houses of the legislature and with a majority of state's congressmen and women that there would be plenty of candidates. No one is stepping forward, which makes my prediction of Bill Nelson's re-election looking more likely with each passing day.

Hat tip- California Conservative
Open Post- Is it Just me?, Third World County, Bright & Early, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares