noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A win and a disaster averted

Samuel Alito has been confirmed to the US Supreme Court. The vote was 58-42. Congratulations to Justice Alito.

This is definitely a win for those who believe in a stricter interpertaion of the Constitution. I supported Alito from the beginning. This coming after the Miers debacle, where I was one of the bloggers Professor Bainbridge calls the Coalition of the Chillin' who thought Bush made a mistake.

Another nomintation to the court should be coming up soon also. Justice Stevens is 85. Seeing how a judge with a long conservative suceeded over a stealth candidate, I hope Bush picks another judge in the Alito mode. Michael Luttig, Emilio Garza, Priscilia Owen, McConnell or my own choice Janice Rogers Brown. Two battles down, ? to go.

Many bloggers are commenting on the Alito victory. Here are some of my favorites - Michelle Malkin, Poliblog, LaShawn Barber, Ann Althouse, Wizbang, Stop the ACLU, Iowa Voice, All Things Beautiful, Below the Beltway, The Anchoress, Outside the Beltway, Bright & Early,
Open Post- Right Wing Nation, Is it just me?, Third World County, Land of Ozz,

 
Listed on BlogShares