noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Hey I like a funny woman

A Canadian study says men are turned off by funny women. Am I odd or are these researchers way off?(Better yet why would anyone spend money researching this?)

Dear Wife and I been together 17 years in May. I've come to learn she has a great sense of humor. She better, she's married to me. I'm one big joke.

Some of my wife's favorite lines-

US Navy Base Subic Bay Philippines 1988- On seeing a microwave oven for the first time, DW says "Wow, what a big television set you have."

And when she was the asst manager of a linen store and a customer called asking if they sold electric blankets- "No we only have electric chair."

My wife is priceless. :)

Hat tip- Florida Cracker
Open Post- NIF, Jo's Cafe,

A GLANCE at any personal ads column shows the importance of a GSOH - a good sense of humour.

But it seems that laughter does not work the same way for both sexes.
While women admit regularly being drawn to men who can make them laugh, men find funny women a turn-off.

Psychologists reached this conclusion after studying the dating behaviour of hundreds of twentysomethings.

The research showed that men feel threatened by wise-cracking women, Dr Rod Martin, who led the study at the University of Western Ontario in Canada, said.

"Men see being funny as a male thing," he said. "When forced to choose between humour production and humour appreciation in potential partners, women valued humour production. Men valued receptivity to their own humour."

The survey results came as no surprise to Meera Syal, who cowrote and starred in the BBC television comedy Goodness Gracious Me.
"The idea that men are more interested in having an audience rather than sharing banter doesn't really surprise me," said the 44-year-old, who is married to Sanjeev Bhaskar, her co-star in another BBC comedy, The Kumars at No. 42.

"Women see men with a sense of humour as dangerous and sexy, while men see it as threatening," she said.

 
Listed on BlogShares