noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ethics and blogging

James Joyner has an excellent post over at OTB on blogging ethics. Go over and read the whole thing.

Personally I don't see a problem in James taking the offer of a trip to Holland for he and his wife. I know he would have disclosed this in any future posts on that country. Note to James- If he don't want to take the offer, I will. ;) LOL.

As to ethics in general, I believe in keeping it simple. Long sets of rules and laws are counter-productive, a blogger, a journalist or a politician or anyone in fact should know what is right or wrong. I forget where I read it, but someone wrote if you have to write down your ethics rules, the battle is already lost. TFM totally agrees with that statement.

Open Post- Cao's Blog, Right Wing Nation, Third World County,

 
Listed on BlogShares