noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Hold on you're dead!"

AMC Channel is playing James Bond movies 24/7 this week. I just watched the marathon briefly tonight. No need in watching AMC, I have all the films on DVD.

I've been a James Bond movie fan for years. Can't count the times I've seen any of the movies. It would be too many. Goldfinger(GF) was the best of the movies. Die Another Day(DIAD) or Moonraker(MR) the worst. A View to a Kill(AVTAK) a guilty pleasure.

Tonight at 8 p.m. The Living Daylights was on. This features my #1 quote from the Bond movies. I'll list my top 10 below. Forgive me if my quotes are slightly off. I did them from memory if I couldn't find them on the internet.

10- "I've taught you to love chickens, to love their flesh, their voice."- Blofeld in OHMSS
9- "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned." James Bond in For Your Eyes Only
8- "Spare the rod, Spoil the child, huh?"- Marc Ange Draco in OHMSS
7- "He got the point."- James Bond in Thunderball
6- "Shocking, positively shocking."- James Bond in GF
5- "I didn't know there was a pool down there."- Gangster in Diamonds are Forever
4- "Unlike the Americans, we prefer not to get our bad news from CNN." M in Goldeneye
3- "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die."- Auric Goldfinger in GF
2- "Of course I'm carrying passengers. Distinguished members of the world press."- Marc Ange Draco in OHMSS

#4, 3, 2 and 1 are definitely those in quote rankings There are just too many to recall and list. Now for #1

1- "Hold on, you're dead."- Soldier in The Living Daylights

I just love that line. TLD has a great opening sequence. A Double OO exercise at Gilbralter with a wild card being an assasain out to kill one or more of the agents. The bad guy is trying to get away in a land rover and James Bond runs after him. A soldier not knowing this was not a war game shoots bond with a paint ball but 007 pushes him aside before jumping on top of the land rover as it rides away. Then the soldier yells "Hold on you're dead."

Something about that line always makes me laugh.

Open Post- Right Wing Nation, TMH's Bacon Bits, Basil's Blog, Bloggin Outloud, Outside the Beltway,

 
Listed on BlogShares