noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Knucklehead of the Year awards- Sports & Entertainment

Finally the time has arrived. To much fanfare, the first Knucklehead of the year awards have arrived.

How have I worked this? I began giving out Knucklehead awards last March at my other blog. Since then I and Don Surber when I was out of action due to Wilma have given out 100 of these awards. I broke down the awards into seven categories. They are-

Sports & Entertainment
Judiciary
Bureaucratic
Organizations, Corporations and Associations
Politics
The MSM
and
Generic(Which covers all candidates not included above.

I closed off the 2005 awards on December 10th. Then picked the six best candidates in each of the above categories. To pick the winners I enlisted the help of 4 of my favorite bloggers. They are-

Jo at Jo's Cafe
Don Surber
John in Carolina
Greta aka Hooah Wife

They besides myself all volunteered to help choose these winners. Each of us have one vote each. Please check out their blogs, you'll find them all worth your time.

Our first nominees are in the fields of Sports & Entertainment. They are-

1- Baseball Pitcher Kenny Rogers
2- Baseball Player Rafael Palmiero
3- NFL Football Player Onterio Smith
4- Margaret Cho
5- Nascar Driver Robby Gordon
6- Spike Lee

Our winner here are three of a possible five votes. The other two votes went one each to Onterio Smith and Spike Lee. Of Spike Lee, Greta said- Spike Lee gets my vote. Any follower of the Fahrakan (spelling?) or Farranut who believe in conspiracies and the mother ship are truly stupid Knuckleheads.

But the Sports and Entertainment Knucklehead of 2005 is

Kenny Rogers

Kenny won his original knucklehead award back on June 30th for shoving two cameramen, one of whom needed to be taken to the hospital. This knucklehead act was all caught on film.

Way to go Kenny! You are the first Knucklehead finalist for 2005. Come back December 22-23 and 26-29 to see who will join Kenny as our other finalists plus come here December 31st to see who the grand Knucklehead of 2005 is. Till next time.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Right Wing Nation, Choose Life, Is it Just me?, Basil's Blog, TMH's Bacon Bits, Outside the Beltway,

 
Listed on BlogShares