noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Viva Las Vegas!

Mayor Oscar Goodman of Las Vegas has a plan for stopping vandalism: Cut off the thumbs the spray-painters on television.
Hey Fox, have I got a show for you ...

"In the old days in France, they had beheading of people who commit heinous crimes. You know, we have a beautiful highway landscaping redevelopment in our downtown. We have desert tortoises and beautiful paintings of flora and fauna. These punks come along and deface it. I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb. That may be the right thing to do."
Woo-hoo! Now I know that liberals will get all whiny about this. That whole "cruel and unusual punishment" thing will be dragged out.
But hey, isn't that how their buddy Saddam handled things in Old Iraq? You know, the place we should not have "liberated."
Anyway, Goodman made his remarks on a TV show called "Nevada Newsmakers." I'd say he did his part to live up to that billing.

Cross posted sorta at Don Surber and Basil's Blog.

 
Listed on BlogShares