noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Why are we getting all this rain?

It has been raining in small squalls here for almost two days. I don't listen to the weather on the television much(Except for Hurricane related forecasts if Florida is involved). My attitude to weather reporting can be summed up in a Mark Twain quote. "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."

So I was rather surprised by this news I found on the Sun-Sentinel website.

MIAMI -- About 120 miles of Florida's Atlantic coast from Jupiter north to Titusville and Merritt Island were under a tropical storm warning Tuesday as a new system formed just offshore and threatened to dump up to 15 inches of rain in parts of the state.

The tropical depression could strengthen into Tropical Storm Ophelia by Wednesday, which prompted the warning from north of Jupiter to Titusville, according to the National Hurricane Center. It could bring tropical storm conditions of winds of at least 39 mph to the state by Wednesday morning.

Jupiter is some thirty miles north of where I live. Now I know the reason for all this rain. If this becomes a tropical storm, her name will be Ophelia. I remember one other time when we got to O, Hurricane Opal in 1995 or 1996 I think. We've had alot of named storms that is for sure.

Good luck and God bless my Florida neighbors to the north.

Supper- Basil's blog

 
Listed on BlogShares