noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

They expect me to pay?

I got this email message from the New York Times

We want you to know about some exciting changes that will soon take place on NYTimes.com.

On Monday, Sept. 19, we will introduce TimesSelect, a new service from The New York Times, providing exclusive online access to Op-Ed columnists, The Archive, Web tools and more.

As a loyal NYTimes.com member, you can sign up early for TimesSelect at a significant discount. You have until Sunday, Sept. 18, to take advantage of this offer.

If you receive home delivery of The New York Times newspaper, you can upgrade to timesselect for free.

News, reviews and more will remain free to all registered NYTimes.com members without TimesSelect.

There was a link that sent you to a page explaining all the benefits. Cost- $39.95 a year. My thoughts on this?

The Times should pay me to read Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd and Paul Krugman. Not the other way around.

Does the Times think their columnists are that special? I just wonder what drove them to enact this new policy. Arrogance maybe. Financial reasons is another. I guess there are some people who will pay. One thing is certain I won't be among them.

Traffic Jam- Outside the Beltway

 
Listed on BlogShares