noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What about those protestors at Walter Reed?

I haven't blogged on this subject to date. Others have done so and much more eloquently than I can. Code Pink and their supporters have a right to protest, but their choice of venues is tacky at best and sickening stupidity and other words at worst. In a city full of famous sites, why a military hospital? Why not the White House instead?

Just leave it to Milblogger Chuck to give an unvarnished opinion on these people.

I think it's wonderful the people in this country are allowed to express themselves any way they feel, I think it's wonderful that they are willing to go out and hold up signs and demonstrate for what they believe in what they believe to be a true and just cause. I have fought for their right to do this and I believe that their First Amendment rights should not be in any way imposed upon.

Now, as for their selection of a place to demonstrate against the war, I think it is abhorrent that they would choose to do that outside of the hospital that treats soldiers who were wounded in the war. It can only serve to discourage the soldiers who are trying to heal. As the soldiers come in the gates they see these asshats holding up their signs and banners and they see how much these people hate what they do and what they're doing. I would much rather they went and demonstrated in front of the Congress or in front of the White House, and even more so if the simply demonstrated with their ballot, when it comes time to vote.

Chuck then has his solution.

now to the tinfoil helmet is to completely sealed, I would much rather that people showed up there with baseball bats and beat them to a bloody pulp, and then showed up the next day and beat any survivors to a bloody pulp. On the third day, collect up anyone that still shows up, and give them a hug for their dedication to their beliefs. Then club them like a baby harp seal on coat-making day. These shitbags are little more than the people who protested as men came home from Vietnam after serving their country.

As I remove the tinfoil helmet I can't believe what I just wrote. I would never, ever advocate violence against my fellow American who is simply trying to demonstrate what he believes in and who is exercising his right.

Don't blame you Chuck, these people are a disgusting lot. God bless you.

Hat tip- Mudville Gazette

 
Listed on BlogShares