noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Question

Maybe some architect or engineer can answer a question I or my father have had for thirty years.

Movies stretch reality all the time. The 1974 film, The Towering Inferno was no different. I saw this film for the first time in 74 or 75 along with my parents and younger brother. Last night Fox Movie Channel had the movie on and seeing the film again reminded me of something.

At the end of the movie the fire is doused by having two water tanks at the top of the skyscraper detonated pouring down one million gallons of water on the fires below. One million gallons would weigh 7-8 million pounds if I'm right. Can a 130-140 story building have that much water at the top and still stand?

My father didn't seem to think so when we saw the movie way when. I would seem to agree, also those tanks would have to be enormous and heavy themselves. Can someone answer the question for me? I'd like to finally solve this mystery.

Lunch- Basil's blog

 
Listed on BlogShares