noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

A very moving column

Any of my regular readers know I'm a golf fan. Many if most people find the sport boring, I don't. Call me odd if you wish.

The Palm Beach Post is my local newspaper. It's sports pages have been graced by two very fine golf writers over the last 16 years, Tim Rostaforte and Craig Dolch. Craig and I have traded our share of emails and in a way I thought I knew him.

That changed today. There is a column by Craig in the Post. It is about his 14-year-old son Eric. The day after Father's Day the boy was stricken with encephalitis and has spent most of the time since in a coma. Craig's column is about hope, prayer and the struggle for a parent who's child is very ill and whose prognosis is unsure.

I've lost my son Daniel as some of you know. Losing a child is the most gut-wrenching experience a parent can suffer. I pray this won't happen for the Dolchs.

Go and read the entire column. I linked to it earlier. Here is just the very end.

I think back to that brief phone call I had with Eric on Father's Day all the time. My wife told me Eric had planned to write me a card that day, but said he would do it later because he had a bad headache.

Someday soon, I'm going to get that card. And it's going to be the best Father's Day gift ever
.

I do hope you get that card next Father's day. We'll be praying for all of you Craig, most of all Eric. God bless.

 
Listed on BlogShares