noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

60 years ago today- The Hiroshima bombing

There were ceremonies today in Japan to observe the event.

I am not a historical revisionist. To me the bombings at Nagasaki and Hiroshima were necessary and justified. What revisionists fail to remember is how tenaciously the Japanese fought throughout the Pacific. More often than not to the death. To try conquering the Japanese mainland by amphibious invasions would certainly have been ten times deadlier than these two bombings.

That said I hope there is never another day where these weapons are used again by any one.

Trackback- Basil's Blog

 
Listed on BlogShares