noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Our Tax Dollars at work- Lantana Florida style

This morning I went out with the wife. It was my first time out of the house since getting out of the hospital two days ago.

Part of the trip was going to the Lantana Post Office to retrieve our mail. The PO is directly adjacent to the Lantana Public Library. At one time the Library was a bank, and both buildings have adjacent driveways.

To my surprise a chain link fence had been put up between the two driveways since I last went there. While my wife went in the PO, I sat in the car pondering the necessity for this fence.

Two hours later I'm still clueless.

What purpose does the fence serve? It separates the two driveways but there is a small concrete barrier already doing that.

To keep people from crossing from one lot to the other with their cars? Only someone wanting to wreck their car would try it. The Library driveway is elevated several feet above the PO driveway. Maybe someone wanted to prevent some idiot from just doing that. Is the government supposed to try stopping all random stupidities?

This appears to be the only purpose the fence serves. That and to waste taxpayer money. As Nikita Kruschev once said. "Politicians are the same all over. They build bridges where there are no rivers."

 
Listed on BlogShares