noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Some hospital humor

After my recent visit, I thought I'd share the following

*- After 12 hours on a ER gurney I was longing for a 20-year-old Days Inn Matress from Zanesville Ohio. My aching back and butt.

I shared this observation with my ICU nurse Barry. He got a good chuckle out of this.

*- Five straight nursing shifts with my nurse named Tanya.

*- Because of my diet restrictions plus lack of decent alternatives, I ate hospital meat loaf like five days in a row for dinner. Now you know I'm insane.

*- Always hearing the same names called over the Hosp. PA system. Dr. Gwenardene, Dr. Sanchez, Dr. Weinberger. But always hoping to hear. "Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard."

*- First two nights out of the ICU I thought someone was knocking on my door at night. It was the person in the next room who can't swallow pills so they needed to be pulverized first.

 
Listed on BlogShares