noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More bases added to the BRAC list

Lost in the Supreme court speculation today(Something I'm avoiding. I really feel many of my bloggers are expressing their fondest wishes than knowing any better than I do who will get appointed. That goes for Fox News too.) some other rather important news came out. Four more bases have been to the Brac list.

Those include Pope AFB in North Carolina, Galena Airport Forward Operating Location in Alaska, the Naval Master Jet Base at the Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia, The Navy Broadway Complex in San Diego and the Naval Air Station in Brunswick, Maine.

Naval air station in Maine is up for closure. It's one of the few remaining military bases in New England and one of the biggest employers in Maine. In a state represented by two moderate Republican Senators, I wouldn't be surprised if this base becomes subject of a political fight. Possibly even used as levarage in the Supreme court battle ahead.

Now I'm even speculating.

 
Listed on BlogShares