noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Olive Garden- We have plenty of tables but please wait

Yesterday was Halloween and also the vigil for All Saints Day which is a Holy Day of Obligation for Roman Catholics. The wife, mother-in-law, and I went to 4 p.m. mass and afterwards went to dinner.


Dear Wife and I chose Olive Garden to eat at. We eat there or Macaroni Grill if we want Italian food when eating out. Both OG and MG have Boynton Beach restaurants about three to four miles from my home, each located about a half mile from each other.

We get to Olive Garden at 5:15. My wife and Mother-in-law are attending a novena beginning at 7 p.m and I plan to walk before watching a Florida Panther game at 7:30. So we want to eat fairly promptly. Olive Garden wasn't busy, the restaurant not even being half full. So we tell the hostess table for three. She goes and checks on a seating area and comes back.

"We'll have a table for you in a few minutes." She tells us.

We leave and go eat at Macaroni Grill instead. No having to wait for a table there.

Its not like Olive Garden was busy, it wasn't. I could see empty tables. Plenty of them. Because they didn't feel they had enough waiters or waitresses, Olive Garden felt the need to make me wait. Sorry I can take my business elsewhere, which is what I did. There was no reason for us to wait. The hostess watched as we walked out the door.

Very interesting way John Grabek has for running a business. Maybe he should count himself lucky that he doesn't get one of my Knucklehead awards. Then again, I'm planning a festival of those on Saturday. I may reconsider.

Linked to- Bright & Early, High Desert Wanderer, Right Wing Nation, The World According to Carl,

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares