noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nine Eleven

Six years have passed since that tragic day. What can be said that hasn't already been said? Not a lot, but one thing I feel needs repeating is- This country needs to stay vigilant. There are people out there who if given the chance, would do 9-11 over and over again.

What follows below is my post from last year. How I remembered one 9-11 victim whose path I crossed during the 1990's. God bless the family of Ken Marino and all those who died on 9-11.

Others blogging on 9-11's sixth anniversary- Michelle Malkin, Lorie at Wizbang, Rick at SOTP, Pirate's Cove, Blue Star, Bright & Early, The World According to Carl, Below the Beltway, A Blog for All, Ann Althouse, Cao, Elephant in my Coffee, Hooah Wife, Is it just me?, Jo, Sister Toldjah,

*****


Just some images of that day. One is of Kenneth Marino, age 40. He was a NYC firefigther who died on 9-11. Ken is as close as TFM comes to knowing someone from that fateful day. See Ken and I shared a hobby and we both played in these tournaments. We probably met a few times at the ones in Newark New Jersey. Including this one here, which Ken won and I also played in. I just don't remember I'm sorry to say.

Added note- At the 2002 Worlds, I played against two best friends among Star Tournament players. Eric Wayne and Mike Cohen. We faced off in the quarter-finals that year. I do recall Mike talking about Ken a little at that year's Worlds.

What else do I remember of 9-11? My day started like any other. I got up, ate breakfast, drank coffee, put out the garbage and puttered around the house.(Go online) I frequently turn CNBC early in the morning, and I did so that day. They were soon showing images of the WTC on fire. My wife had left for work. Her day begins at 9 a.m. and so I called her. I probably turned the television off while talking for I didn't see the second plane crash live like millions of others did. The rest of the day was spent mostly stuck glued to the television. I don't remember many details.

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares