noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Somebody had a fire and didn't tell me!

From the Sun-Sentinel-


About 40 firefighters responded to a 1 a.m. Monday blaze in the attic of an assisted living facility, Atria Meridian, west of Lantana but there were no injuries, Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue said.

A worker in the two-story facility, in the 3000 block of Donnelly Drive, called 911 for an electrical fire contained in the attic, Capt. Don DeLucia said. The fire was burning insulation between trusses in the attic and three units had to be evacuated, DeLucia said. It is unclear the extent of the damage and the fire is still under investigation.

About 15 trucks responded to the blaze and firefighters had to take turns battling the fire in tight spaces, DeLucia said.
Meridian is without electricity. I wonder what is being done with all the residents.

How close do I live to Atria Meridian? A quarter of a mile(That's if you're walking. By the crow flies, probably half of that), I pass by it when taking my daily walk. Leonita, who is a Eucharistic Minister at our Catholic Church, used to bring communion to residents there.

A big fire close to my house and I'm sleeping! Instead my Mother-in-law, who just returned from the Philippines on Sunday, began cooking Filipino food at 4 a.m. Life in Lantana, it isn't always boring.

Linked to- Bright & Early, The World According to Carl,

Labels: ,

 
Listed on BlogShares