noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me

The Florida Masochist is two years old as of today. Pop the champagne. It all began with this post. Appropriately it was a Knucklehead award.


This will be an award I will give out as often as there are suitable candidates. It's for any idiot either in the news or just encounter where I live. Today's winner I find particularly outrageous.

Goes to any of the 12 members on the board of Goldstar Mothers who voted to deny Ligaya Lagman membership. This organization which is for mothers who lost children during the war, denied Mrs. Lagaman membership after her son Army Sgt. Anthony Lagaman died in Afghanistan. What was the reason? The rules for Gold Star Mothers says a mother must be a US citizen. Ligaya Lagman is a Permanent Resident Alien and her son was a US Citizen.
TFM has continued to be outraged by the stupidity of others. Seen in the over 700 Knucklehead awards I've given out since. Two years have passed and I still average only 300-400 visitors a day. This blog will never be mistaken for Captain's Quarters or Michelle Malkin or even James Joyner's blog Outside the Beltway. I've made a few friends along the way, James included. Lets see if I hang in here for another year. If I don't go insane first.

Don't say it. I'm insane already.

Linked to- Adam, Blue Star, Bright & Early, Bullwinkle, Jo, Leaning Straight Up, Maggie, Morewhat, Perri Nelson, Pirate's Cove, Point Five, Pursuing Holiness, Random Yak, Right Voices, Right Wing Nation, Samantha Burns, Shadowscape, StikNstein, Third World County, Woman Honor Thyself, The World According to Carl, Yankee Sailor,

Labels: ,

 
Listed on BlogShares