noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Silence

More on the Florida 22nd race from the Palm Beach Post-

Democrat Ron Klein’s campaign pollster says Klein has opened up a 6-point lead over Republican U.S. Rep. Clay Shaw in their high-stakes House race. The Klein camp today released results of its own poll of 500 likely voters taken Tuesday through Thursday that shows Klein with a 48-to-42 percent lead. The poll by Anzalone-Lizst Research has a 4.4 percent margin of error. “Our polls show that Mr. Shaw’s ahead,” countered Shaw spokeswoman Gail Gitcho. She declined, however, to release any of Shaw’s internal polls.

I called the Klein campaign office asking if they would share the internals on this poll. They would not.

This poll is a week old at least. I heard about it, and tried contacting Ms. Gitcho at the Shaw office. Two emails and multiple phone messages haven't been replied to or returned. I was giving the Shaw office a chance to respond, or share their own polling with me.

Is the Shaw Office stonewalling me because their own polling data is bad? I'll let you draw your own conclusions with a caveat that not replying to legitimate multiple enquiries from a blogger friendly to Shaw can be seen as damning.

The Klein office was at least courteous enough to say no. I spoke to a Brian there and he said no to my request but at least he gave me a reply.

We'll see what happens Tuesday.

Update- I just got a reply from Gail Gitcho.

Not sharing any polling. But we have been consistently ahead in our internal polls.

Fair enough. I plan on voting for Clay Shaw and suggest you do the same if you live in the Florida 22nd Congressional district.

Linked to- Right Wing Nation, Bright & Early,

 
Listed on BlogShares