noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

From the Silly news desk

Some news from the Orlando Sentinel. May I suggest Mapquest the next time you steal a car Mr. Golden?

Linked to- Clash of Civilizations, Jo's Cafe,

DELTONA -- Christopher Golden didn't know his way around the spaghetti-like streets of Deltona.

So when the Ohio man stole a sport utility vehicle at knifepoint Wednesday from a 79-year-old resident, police said, he then had to ask his victim for directions to the highway.

"I told him if he wanted to go to Daytona go that way," Charles Zeiger said outside his home, pointing north on Normandy Boulevard. "If you want to go to Orlando, go that way."

Zeiger was more than happy to offer directional help to the man stealing his vehicle.

"I thought it was a good deal so I could tell the [deputies] which way he went," he said.

But Golden, 23, never made it to Interstate 4. He crashed into a utility pole when deputies chased him "at a high rate of speed" with lights flashing on Providence Boulevard, deputies said.

He was taken to Florida Hospital Fish Memorial to be checked out, sheriff's officials said, although he didn't have any serious injuries.

Golden was arrested and faces charges of fleeing and eluding, home invasion robbery and grand theft. He also had two open warrants from Ohio for parole violation and burglary. He was being held Wednesday night in the Volusia County Branch Jail.

Zeiger said he was cutting his hedge about 10 a.m. when Golden walked up to his house and asked to use the phone.

"He said he needed a ride," Zeiger said. "I didn't know he wanted mine."

As soon as Zeiger got inside his garage, he said, the man pulled out a knife.

"When he pulled the knife, I went to grab him. Then I noticed he was bigger and younger than me," he said. "I let go."

Golden got away with $55 cash and Zeiger's new 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer, deputies said. Zeiger called 911 and told dispatchers where the man was headed.

But despite several opportunities to turn and get onto I-4, Golden ended up on Providence Boulevard near Alexander Avenue, where he lost control of the SUV with deputies on his tail and crashed into a power pole, flipping the vehicle and knocking the pole to the ground.

 
Listed on BlogShares