noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Where's the Duct tape?

Some news from Houston-

HOUSTON -- A Continental flight set to leave Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport for West Palm Beach was delayed when the jet backed up and crashed its wing into another jet's tail.

Flight 1830 returned to the gate Monday and passengers debarked to wait nearly two hours for another plane, an airline spokesman said. There were no injuries. The flight had been scheduled to leave at 7:10 p.m.

``The airplane that was moving backed up and the right wing came into contact with the stabilizer,'' of the stationary plane, Continental spokesman David Messing said. The stabilizer is the horizontal surface of the plane's tail.

Messing said the cause of the crash was still under investigation.

Both 737 planes will require repairs, he said.
Somehow I don't think Valujet like repairs(Refer to the title of my post) will work in this case.

From 1997 to 2001 I flew this very same Houston to West Palm Beach flight at least a half dozen times. Northwest and Continental had a codeshare agreement and I had the same frequent flyer priviliges with CO as I did with NW. So I sometimes flew roundtrip to LA with CO rather than NW. In fives years of heavy travelling, I never had an experience anything like the above. Occasional bad baggage service, and an aborted landing at Fort Lauderdale due to a plane on the runway were the lowlights of my FF experience.

Linked to- Jo's Cafe, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares