noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bizarre

More news about the Seattle shooter-



RICHLAND -- Naveed Haq, now widely portrayed as a Muslim American so angry at Israel that he shot up a Jewish charity in Seattle, had recently converted to Christianity.

His conversion is perhaps the most startling contradiction in a puzzling life.

He had a degree in electrical engineering and was the son of a successful engineer. But he couldn't hold a job and recently worked as a security guard and retail clerk in the Seattle area.

His father was a founding member of the Islamic center here. But the son was rarely seen at a local mosque for more than 10 years.

Haq, 30, told a ministry leader that he saw too much anger in Islam and wanted to find a new beginning in Christianity. He converted to Christianity, but, as with many other endeavors in his life, drifted away from the faith.

Acquaintances said he never seemed to be the fanatic religious extremist he played out on Friday. Instead some think his anger was really the result of problems in his personal and professional life.

*****

Last winter, Haq began attending a weekly men's group meeting at the home of a men's ministry leader with the Word of Faith Center, a non-denominational, evangelical church in Kennewick.

The group's leader, Albert Montelongo, said Haq started studying the Bible. In December, he was baptized by Montelongo. The ceremony brought tears to Haq's eyes, Montelongo said.

He said Haq appeared to accept his new faith, though he knew that he would be offending his own family and its deeply rooted culture. His father, Mian Haq, was among the founders of the Islamic Center of the Tri-Cities in Richland, a place of worship for about 300 Muslims.
Pretty interesting isn't it? As long as what reported above is true.

Now why aren't any conservative bloggers writing about this. Other than James Joyner at OTB, I haven't found any.(Feel free to leave me a comment if you have. I'll update this post with a link to you) I did a technorati search for any one linking to the Seattle PI story and came up with zero. A few days ago, or even yesterday bloggers were all dismissive of the lone lunatic theory both James and I espoused. Again if the Seattle PI's reporting is correct, shouldn't some people out there be eating some crow right now.

James wrote-



Clearly, this proves that Christians hate America and that there is an organized effort to kill Jews among Christians and that Haq was part of it. Sure, sure–most Christians don’t murder Jews. But many do. There’s a long history of Jew-hating Christians going way back, from the earliest days of the church right up to Mel Gibson. And now this.

Either that, or this is just a tragic crime committed by a mentally ill person. That was my original take on this but, the more I read on the conservative blogs, the more wrong I knew I must be.

Of course, the SPI story could be wrong, in which case it would prove that the press is aligned with the terrorists and confirm that Haq was indeed a Muslim terrorist–probably very high in the al Qaeda hierarchy. Perhaps even the 13th 9/11 hijacker.
Or the gunman on the grassy knoll I'd add. Cue the sarcastic laughter.

Kind of reminds me of the Tampa school bus story. The silence after the truth came out was silencing then to. Remember the blogosphere can jump to conclusions just as fast as the MSM. Some of us just don't want to admit our mistakes. I make them all the time, read this for example.

Update- I suppose I'm a moonbat now. Except I never emailed Michelle. Or maybe I'm hysterical as one liberal called me. Or even a Knucklehead. I'll let you decide who is what.

Second update- Welcome Outside the Beltway readers

Open Post- Cao's Blog, Bright & Early, Jo's Cafe, Third World County, Bloggin Outloud, Adam's Blog, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares