noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The July 4th Knucklehead of the Day Marathon Part Seven

Our Seventh winner is the US Chess Federation. The 'The Check is in the mail' column in the monthly chess publication Chess Life was cancelled just recently. TCIITM which features correspondence chess has been a part of the monthly magazine for over 20 years.

This decision does not surprise me, but its still upsetting. I've played Corr. Chess(or CC for short) since 1974. I used to play over the board too but gave that up in the mid-80's. I love chess and playing the game by postcards or email has brought me much enjoyment. The column in Chess Life was one of the few recognitions the USCF has given to this part of the game. Now the column is no more.

The USCF is a horribly run organization, which has spent much of the last ten years in deep financial trouble. Financial blunders have been par for the course at New Windsor NY and now Crossville TN. Now they turn their back on CC players across the country. A predictable but still dumb move, and for that the USCF is our seventh knucklehead of the day.

Open Post- Stop the ACLU

 
Listed on BlogShares