noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Co-Knucklehead of the Day award Part Four

Our fourth winner is actress Rene Zellwegger. I rarely give out Knuckleheads to people in the entertainment industry. Most celebrities are shallow and self-centered. They are mostly a nuisance where as our shallow and self-centered politicians are a menace.

I'm making an exception for Ms. Zellwegger because by her own admission she just committed a felony as Ted at Overlawyered points out. Married to Kenny Chesney just four months, Zellwegger filed for an annulment claiming fraud as a reason. A California Superior Court granted the annulment despite Ms. Zellwegger's statement.

In a statement, the Cold Mountain star called the term "simply legal language and not a reflection of Kenny's character."

Excuse me. I see it, as most others would, as Ms. Zellwegger making an end run around California's divorce laws where someone must be seperated for six months before getting a divorce. What's just as bad, is a California court signed off on this fraud. I'd give a Knucklehead to who ever the Judge was who did this, but I can't find a name. They just helped to make a mockery of the law.

For commiting fraud and mocking the law, Renee Zellwegger is one of today's Co-Knuckleheads of the day.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Basil's Blog, Right Wing Nation, Is it Just me?, TMH's Bacon Bits, Third World County,

 
Listed on BlogShares