noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bottom of the barrel

That's what I think of the 2005-2006 schedule for The Kravis Center for the Performing arts in nearby West Palm Beach. Dear wife and I have seen probably two dozen shows or concerts there in the last ten years. The Kravis schedule for the coming season was announced today.

The Kravis Center's 2005-06 season will be highlighted by the Feb. 15 appearance of Ed McMahon, the "second banana" to Johnny Carson of late-night television fame. McMahon will host to an event billed as "Memories of the Tonight Show," featuring special moments from the 6,000 programs he taped with Carson. The evening will also include a question-and-answer session.

Ed McMahon will be a highlight? I never thought of him as any more than a talentless sidekick. Are people desperate enough to pay money to hear reminiscences of a television show from over ten years ago? I'm a Trek fan but never once went to a convention.

Then there is more 'exciting' Kravis center news.

Also on hand for another reminiscence-filled evening: Oscar-winning actress, activist and fitness guru Jane Fonda (April 4), who will recount everything from her role in "Barbarella" to her marriages to film director Roger Vadim and media icon Ted Turner.

This wants to make me get in line for Ed McMahon right this minute. Who wants to pay money to hear a treasonous whining............

I'll let you fill in the word.

 
Listed on BlogShares