noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is David Mercer of Associated Press. He gets the award for the following.

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Ji Young Oh has won the LPGA State Farm Classic, making a birdie on the first playoff hole to beat Yani Tseng.
Oh made a par on the first playoff hole. When a journalist makes a mistake like this, you have to wonder if they are even at the event. Was Mercer writing his report from some sports bar in Springfield Illinois or the press area at the State Farm Classic?

Why doesn't AP hire me to cover ladies pro golf? At least I can get simple facts straight, instead of outright stupidity like this or picking a player to win a tournament they aren't playing in. Plus I can use some imagination when covering the sport, how often is ladies professional golf been compared to a Marx brothers routine? I've written straight news accounts too of play. Maybe I don't have a journalism degree, but like I said earlier, I can get simple facts straight.

AP did get around to fixing the embarrassing mistake, but I took a screen capture for posterity's sake. David Mercer of Associated Press is today's Knucklehead of the Day.

Labels: , , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares