noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Florida 22nd news

At least one person plans to challenge incumbent Democratic Congressman Ron Klein in 2008.


Republican Marcus Flagg has opened a campaign for the Palm Beach-Broward congressional seat held by freshman U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, D-Boca Raton.

Flagg, a former Navy pilot who now flies for UPS and lives in Boca Raton, has been nationally active in aviation security issues since his parents were killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Wilson and Darlene Flagg were aboard hijacked American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon.

*****

Flagg, 45, filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Elections Commission last week.

He acknowledged Tuesday that he is a political unknown.

"I am fresh. I am new. I'm not a career politician and I'm not a lawyer," Flagg said.
I'm sorry to hear of Flagg's loss. Unless a scandal involving Klein happens or some other political miracle, Marcus Flagg won't be elected to Congress in 2008.

Linked to- Conservative Thoughts, Third World County, The World According to Carl,

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares