noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is Marion Jones. The former Olympic gold medalist gets the award for failing a drug test taken after last June's U.S. Track & Field Championships.

Marion Jones broke her silence on her positive drug test Monday, saying she was shocked and wants the second sample examined quickly.

The five-time Olympic medalist and four-time world champion released a statement through her new attorney, Howard Jacobs, who has represented many athletes in doping cases, including Jones' former boyfriend Tim Montgomery, the father of her child.

"I was shocked when I was informed about the positive "A" sample," she said. "I have requested that the testing of my 'B' sample be expedited and done as soon as possible."

Jones added "only my lawyers have the authority to speak on my behalf in this matter, and I will have no further comment until the results of the 'B' sample are released."
You wanna bet she has no further comment after the second results come in. At least Ms. Jones spared us an excuse denial. No disappearing twin or vitamin supplement was blamed.

Excuse or no excuse, Jones is guilty as hell. Read 'Game of Shadows' and you'll learn just how extensive her history of involvement with steroids is.

Marion Jones is today's Knucklehead of the day.

Linked to- Bright & Early, Cao's Blog, Jo's Cafe, Third World County, Bloggin Outloud, Outside the Beltway, Basil's Blog, Right Wing Nation,

 
Listed on BlogShares