noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Lost tax Money

A twist on the usual stories about tax money being wasted. From AP-


VIENNA, Austria - A tax collector in the southern Austrian city of Graz accidentally left $28,000 in cash in a black attache case he placed on top of a toilet in the men's room of a local restaurant Thursday, police said.

By the time he realized it was missing and went back, the cash was gone, authorities said.

As of Friday, no one had turned up with the money, prompting police in the city 120 miles south of Vienna to issue an appeal for its return.
I think most people are honest, but if I were the Graz police I wouldn't get my hopes up. What is a tax collector doing walking around with $28,000 in cash anyway?

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Stuck on Stupid

 
Listed on BlogShares