noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Chop Chop

Lee Siegel of The New Republic has a rant about baseball caps at TNR's Blog. I'll just post one little bit of it.


But the baseball cap signifies, most of all, a lazily defiant casualness. It's less insouciant than I-don't-give-a-shit. I have an inborn antagonism toward any type of hierarchy, but I think natural elegance is the best reply to assigned status, not sloppy rebellion. Wearing your standard-issue baseball cap in a restaurant isn't a blow for egalitarianism; it's a hopelessness about the possibility of originality ever to fly in the face of hierarchy. It also gives the impression of someone whose ego is angrily planted on his head. NO, I won't take it off!When I see someone wearing a baseball cap in a movie theater, I want them to bring back the guillotine.
TFM wears a baseball cap, but it is usually limited to when I go outdoors and then usually when I do my walking. Here is a rare instance of me wearing one indoors. Note- I lost alot of weight since that photo.

As to guillotine Lee, you go first. Get a life.

Hat tip- Poliblog
Open Post- Adam's Blog, Outside the Beltway

 
Listed on BlogShares