noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

More proof I should drop AOL

Last week I went to do a spell check by using AOL's online dictionary. It's supposed to be Merriam-Webster who has produced dictionaries in print form for years. The word I was checking was ambivalent. This is the result I got.

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Please try again using the search box above or search for spelling suggestion for "ambivalent".

This is astonishing for I did a websearch and found the following-

1. ambivalent - characterized by a mixture of opposite feelings or attitudes; "she felt ambivalent about his proposal"; "an ambivalent position on rent control"


I have to wonder how many other words are missing from AOL's dictionary. There are other reasons I may give up AOL after being a subscriber for 12 years. My yearly subscription is up for renewal on April 23rd. Its time for TFM to enter the 21st century.

Open Post- TMH's Bacon Bits, Is it Just me?, Bologna Press, Cao's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares