noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hines- I couldn't have said it better.

Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward is paying his first visit to South Korea since he was an infant. Born of a Korean Mom, and Black father Hines was given a hero's welcome in the ROK.

Here is the whole AP article. I'm happy for Hines and his Mom. There is one thing Hines said that I feel very strongly in.

"If two people love each other, then love has no color."

I'm white(Italian, German, Irish, Scottish, and bit of Dutch. A real mutt!), my wife is Asian/Filipino. Race was never an issue for us or for our families. My late FIL joked if I was Japanese then I would have to die. LOL. I was welcomed by my Filipino in-laws and vice versa.

It isn't always that way for interracial couples. In a perfect world people would see past one's race and look at the person instead. Unfortuanately all of us fail at this, TFM included. I don't know if mankind will ever get over this bad habit, but for those who suceed in spite of these prejudices I admire. God bless Hines and his Mom. May they have a wonderful time.

Open Post- Bright & Early, Adam's Blog, Jo's Cafe, Outside the Beltway,

 
Listed on BlogShares